Regulations of learning process
Paragraph 1.To acquire student/ vocational student status at LEPL-Gori State Teaching University
- To acquire student/ vocational student status at Gory State Teaching University, LEPL, is based on the results of Unified National Exams for Georgian citizens (Cases otherwise specified by Georgian legislation are excluded)
- Acquiring student status on the first stage of vocational program is based on the vocational test results organized by NAEC
- Acquiring student status on the second stage of vocational program is based on the vocational test results organized by Gory State Teaching University
- Acquiring student status on Master’s degree is based on results of Unified Master’s Exams with the test/tests results of appropriate faculty, specified by faculty regulations.
- Acquiring student status of Preparatory program in Georgian is based on the results of Ability Test in Azerbaijanian, Armenian,Abkhasian
- Student status is given to students in accordance with Georgian Legislation without participation in Unified National Exams/ Unified Master’s Exams.
Paragraph 2. Mobility procedures in Gory State Teaching University , LEPL
- Mobility procedures are fulfilled in accordance with Georgian Legislation
- Accepting a student by mobility program is based on the motivated decision of the receiving faculty, which establishes the compatibility of already adopted programs with corresponding programs in Gory State Teaching University. Studying level is determined in accordance with accepted standards by Academic council.
- Tuition fee for the student/vocational student depends on what faculty he/she chooses to continue studying and the fee is determined accordingly .
Paragraph 3. Students mobility within the University
- Student/vocational student has a right to change the learning program by using mobility within the University.
- A student/ vocational student , whose status is terminated has a right of participating in the mobility process at GSTU
- Mobility process can be realized within the frame of one level of the education
- To participate in mobility process, student has to finish first semester of his/her studying. Time , when the student status is terminated is excluded
- Mobility within the University is realized within the frame of the order, issued by the rector of the University
- Vacancies of the program is determined by the order, issued by the rector of the university during the mobility process.
- More chances for taking vacancies in the studying program will be given to the students , whose results of the unified national exams/unified master’s exams are higher .
- More chances for taking vacancies in the studying program will be given to the vocational students, whose vocational testing results are higher.
- If two students have same results at the final testing ,they obtain the place by exceeding the vacancies.
- Students, who did not pass the unified national exams/unified master’s exams but are studying , or the students, who study preparatory program in Georgian and are willing to receive bachelors degree, will be able to participate in mobility program by exceeding the vacancies.
- Credit scores are determined by academic council
- Students movement is registered by the order, issued by the rector of the University
Paragraph 4. Suspension of student/ vocational student status
- Reasons for suspension of student status are:
- Statement of personal nature
- Failure of registration
- If the student is charged with crime or misconduct but not sentenced
- Medical problems if he/she produces a proper document, describing his/her impairment for a long period of time
- Toxemia of pregnancy, documented
- Studying in another university abroad
- Recruiting in the Army
- Neglecting the requirements of the learning process, if he/she does not plead the right of 10:3 of the rule
2. After 5 years of suspension, students status is terminated . (cases, mentioned in the legislation are excluded)
Paragraph 5. Termination of student status
- Reasons for termination of student status are:
- Statement of personal nature
- suspension for 5years or more
- completing the program on given level
- absence of the student , caused by his/her sentencing
- students misbehavior, violent conduct towards fellow students or administrative personal
- obtaining or attempting to obtain exam scores by conning or threatening examinant physically or psychologically or any other unacceptable way
- decision, made by the faculty counsel , a result of a disciplinary prosecution , that is based on university regulations, ethical code and disciplinary liability norms
- death of the student
- moving to another university
2. order about the termination of the status is set in motion in 12 months time after issuing the order. During 12 months status is considered suspended and a student can use his/her right to participate in mobility program.
3. If the status is terminated, reinstating is possible in accord with the law.
4. A person, who was not able to complete the course of studying or his/her status was terminated is given an appropriate document.
Paragraph 6. Restoring the status of a student/vocational student
- Student has opportunity to address the university in ten years time to restore his/her status after the termination order is issued. He/she , also, has a right of mobility if the reason of termination is within the
- If the student is reinstated ,beginning the studying process or studying fee is determined by the regulations of mobility program and is based on the notification, acquired before the termination
- If the student is reinstated, but the student status is suspended ,beginning the studying process or studying fee is determined by the regulations of mobility program and is based on the academic notification.
Paragraph 7. Student/vocational student engage in the studying
- Studying year consists of spring and fall semesters
- Before the beginning of studying year, academic council, relied on the resolution, determines administrative registration, classroom studying and exam dates.
- Annual engaging in the studying process is reflected in average 60-65 credit
- Maximum Credit amount in a semester should not exceed 40 credit. Annual credit amount should not exceed 75 credit
- Dividing credits in case of vocational education frame is determined appropriate vocational program document or module.
Paragraph 8. Academic and administrative registration
- To obtain the right for participating in the studying process, student must pass academic and administrative registration within the terms, specified by the university.
- Academic registration implies student/vocational student’s registration on learning courses/ modules and signing the studying contract.
- Student/ vocational student can consult quality assurance representative in the faculty before signing the contract. He /she can use administrative system of studying process, which ensures transparency of the choice.
- For a student/ vocational student to participate in registration means that he/she is willing to receive education- gather credits and pay tuition fee in timely manner.
- Student/ vocational student (except for the vocational student who studies vocational studying program, build within the framework of vocational studying program) can annul an administrative registration no more than two weeks time after the studying process is begun. If he /she could not manage to evoke his/her right , a student will not be refunded or will not be able to use the fee for next semesters.
- To cancel the registration or change the chosen subject , -these kind of changes student can make in two weeks time, otherwise a student will not be refunded or fee will not be used for another semester.
- If the student participates in the studying process voluntarily, it will not be considered as his/ her rights to admit exam results, if the course is not included in the studying contract.
Paragraph 9. Midterm tuition fee
- Midterm tuition fee of the university is determined by educational program and studying year as a half of the annual tuition fee , determined by the university and student/ vocational student must pay it within the period mandated by the administrative registration.
- If the total of the academic registration (according to studying contract) of the student/ vocational student is different than 30 credits, midterm tuition fee is determined by credit numbers and based on the annual fee of the program, altogether they are determined by ratio: tuition fee= (annual fee) 60 X (number of credits)
- Student/ vocational student, who has a scholarship, partially financed by the government , must pay the midterm difference (between the scholarship and the tuition fee) within the timeframe , determined by the administrative registration.
- A person, whose student status / vocational student status is sustained, in case of reinstatement must renew his/ her contract with the university and tuition fee is determined by the program, he/ she wishes to partake.
- In case of mobility program , student/ vocational student must pay tuition fee according to the program cost, he/ she wishes to partake.
Paragraph : 10 continuance of the studying term
- A student/ vocational student , who was not able to earn proper qualification within the timeframe of the educational program , is allowed to continue studying and pay personally for his/ her tuition fee.
- A student/ vocational student should address dean of the faculty within the timeframe of two studying year (even one week after the new studying year has started) and the dean can determined the level for the student, on the bases of academic note and data of the remained credits will be presented to the rector for issuing the order
- In case of continuance of studying , a student/ vocational student’ s tuition fee is determined by the educational program fee , he/ she wishes to study.
Paragraph 11. Midterm evaluation and regulations and ruls of finals
- A student/ vocational student can only take part in midterm exams or final exams, which is enlisted in his/ her studying contract.
- Midterm or final exam dates are enlisted in syllabus.
- Individual schedule determines evaluation for the modules in case of vocational studying.
- Specific dates for exams, conducted by university examination center is determined by head of the center in accordance with the dean of the faculty. The rest of the dates is determined by the dean of the faculty.
- If the student is absent in the exams and the reason is not valid, or during the exam he/ she does not obey the regulations of the exams (is noticed in plagiarism) will be barred from the exams and will receive 0 credit)
- Exam results will be known to a student/ vocational student in three days after the exam.
- A student/ vocational student can appeal in four days period if he/ she does not agree the exam result. A student/ vocational student must present a valid claim to the dean of the faculty. Claim is considered if the student indicates the following:
- Procedural infraction.
- Neglect of the established evaluation procedures.
8. The dean of the faculty and committee of claims consider a complaint in 2 days period after the complaint is received and makes decision.
9. To worsen the decision for the complainant is forbidden.
10. If the student ,with valid excuse, wishes to postpone the midterm or final exam date , he/ she should address to dean of the faculty and the dean will make changes regarding the date.
11. If a student is absent from the exams, new exam date will be appointed when the reason is justified by the interest of the country or the university. Final decision about the individual exam date is determined by the rector of the university.
12. In case of the framework of the vocational studying , a vocational student can confirm a module during the studying.
Paragraph 13. Evaluation rules of the Vocational student’s achievement in Gory State Teaching University, LEPL
Evaluation of a vocational student’s achievement is realized by the following rules
1. 1. To obtain a credit is only possible if it is based on the achievement results , determined by the syllabus , described as a positive evaluation in paragraph 2, item “ a”
2. Grading system consists of five positive points:
a.a) (A) Excellent- 91-100 points.
a.b) (B) Very Good- 81-90 of maximum points
a.c) (C) Good- 71-80 of maximum points
a.d) (D) Medium- 61-70 of maximum points
a.e) ( E) Satisfactory -51-60 of maximum points.
b) Two kinds of negative assessment:
b.a) (FX) Unsatisfactory- 41-50 of maximum points. Which means that a student needs improvement and is allowed to pass the exam one more time after the independent work.
b.b) (F) failed- 40 of maximum points .Which means that a student needs improvement and ought to learn the subject from the beginning.
3. the share of all forms and components are calculated in total point (100 grade points)
4. It is strictly forbidden to award credits to a student by using only one form for grading ( only by mid or final exam). A student is awarded appropriate credits. Assessment should contain
a) Mid-term exam assessment
b) Final exam assessment
5. A vocational student is allowed to take one more test in the same semester. Duration between final and additional exams is 10 days.
6. Evaluation and calculation methods ought to be included in the syllabus so a vocational student can be aware of the regulations and rules from the beginning of semester.
7. Evaluation methods ought to ensure evaluation of the studying result achievement, determined by the syllabus
8. In case of vocational educational programs, created on the basis of the framework document of vocational educational programs, allocated credits and workload of studying are defined by corresponding vocational educational program framework document or/and modular vocational educational programs.
Paragraph 14. Rights and obligations of a student/ vocational student in GSTU,LEPL
1. a) A student/ vocational student can obtain high quality education and participate in scientific research.
b) A student/ vocational student can use material/ technical database, library fund, information and other recourses.
c) A student/ vocational student can obtain thorough information about educational programs and can ask for studying program syllabi.
d) A student/ vocational student has rights for fair evaluation and by determinate order claim objectionable result.
e) A student/ vocational student can receive qualified consultation from the authorized person about educational programs, courses, exam dates and format.
f) A student/ vocational student can evaluate academic personal, teachers, students ‘attendance.
g) A student/ vocational student can attend some of the courses , in which case his/ her can have better credit result, thus evaluation will be improved.
2. A student/ vocational student has obligations to:
a) Obey university regulations.
b) Obey and fulfill contract conditions with the university
c) Take academic and administrative registration and pay tuition fee in timely manner.
d) A month time give notice to the faculty administrator about changes, made in the ID.
e) Obey ethical and established rules in the university
f) Care for university property.
3. Unethical behavior or misconduct is considered inappropriate and inadequate to a student .
Paragraph 15. Changing/ cancelling an educational program.
1. If a student wishes to change or cancel the educational program, university can ensure his/ her transfer to another, compatible to the previous program ,based on the existed credits.
2. If the university does not have a compatible program , it can ensure to draw an agreement with another university and present the decision to the center of quality development, LEPL.
Paragraph 16. Calculating the GPA
To calculate GPA (grade point average) university uses following regulations:
1. GPA for students, who had graduated before 2010, administration office of the university conducts based on the personal statement. Diploma and copies of the enclosures of the diploma must be added to the statement.
2. Student’s evaluation corresponded with the GPA calculated as follows:
In case of 100 points:
A 91-100 4.0
B 81-90 3.0
C 71-80 2.0
D 61-70 1.0
E 51-60 0.5
F-FX 0- 50 0
In case of 5 point evaluation:
A 5 4.0
B 4 2.5
C 3 1.0
D 2 0
E 1 0
3. GPA is calculated based on the enclosed information with following rules:
a) Points, gained after each course is multiplied with course credit score.
b) Sum is divided in total credits of all courses taken by the student.
c) Received quantity is a GPA.
4. If the exam does not have points, it will not be used in calculating GPA.
Paragraph 17. Qualification and diploma
1. After finishing studying , a student is awarded an academic degree
2. Honors diploma is given to a student if the GPA is no less than 3,5.
3. Academic degree is signed by the rector of the university, the dean of the faculty and is certified.
4. Vocational degree is certified by the rector of the university and the dean of the faculty.