About the Project
Establishment of Psychological Counselling Centers at Georgian HEIs for Students E-PSY
Establishment of Psychological Counselling Centers at Georgian HEIs for Students E-PSY (617980-EPP-1-2020-1-GE-EPPKA2-CBHE-SP)
The overall aim of the E-PSY project (implementation period - 2021-2023) is improvement of student services at Georgian HEIs by means of establishing psychological counselling centers for students at target partner universities in all regions of Georgia.
Specific objectives of the project are:
1. Establishment of psychological counselling centers at target partner HEIs for students.
2. Preparing and retraining staff to work at psychological counselling centers.
3. Elaboration of recommendations and legislation documentation for policy makers and governmental agencies of Georgia.gh
4. Raising mental health awareness among students and wider audience.
5. Creation of Association of University Psychological Counselling Centers of Georgia.
With the aim of raising mental health awareness among the students, academic and administrative staff of the partner universities, and wider audience, in general, it is planned to hold public information campaigns in the following regions of Georgia: Shida Kartli, Kakheti, Imereti, Samegrelo, Adjara, and Samtskhe-Javakheti. As a result of the campaigns, the students and the wider audience will become better informed about the importance of psychological couselling and mental health.
With the establishment of psychological counselling centers, the students of the partner higher education institutions will receive psychological counselling and assistance upon their request. The psychologists and counsellors will undergo special training at the Universities of Economy in Bydgoszcz and Transylvania University of Brasov, as well as participate in the workshops and seminars organized by Georgian and European specialists. By the end of the project, the consortium will develop specific recommendations and legislative documentation for policy makers. To ensure the sustainability of the project, an Association of University Psychological Counselling Centers of Georgia will be established.